A Koperasi Members Share Capital is the equity funds contributed by its’ members. Members are required to hold a minimum share value of RM 100.00 as part of their membership in the Koperasi. Irrespective of number of shares held by members, each member is ONLY entitled to One (1) vote only at the Annual General Meeting.
Main characteristics/benefits of Koperasi Members Share Capital are:
- Shares can only be issued to members only
- Shares do not carry a vote, only members can vote
- Shares have a fixed or ‘par’ value and it is non-tradeable
- Member with fully share value of RM 1,000.00 can access to Koperasi Loan Facility
- Members may get a dividend return on their Share Capital Account subject to Koperasi profitable financial performance and subject to SKM approval.
- Members can enjoy discounts on consumer products, general insurance & other credit financing facility